Straight from the doctor’s mouth is still a tried and trusted way to drive referrals. If you need to host a patient day – let our experienced event organisers do it for you.
6 reasons why health care is the brand new “super sector”
- Today healthcare is the Australia’s fourth biggest contributor to GDP and the largest services employer, employing nearly 13% of all Australians, or $1.5m people over age 15.
- Australia was also recently ranked as having the second best health system overall in the developed world, according to a 2017 report from the Commonwealth Fund.
- Australian health care is also making waves in China, thanks to Australia’s global reputation as a producer of high quality and rigorously tested health products that continue to lure foreign investors.
- Chinese demand for healthcare and medical products significantly influenced the return investors received from Australian medical companies in 2016, with Chinese investment in healthcare topping ($1.354b or 9%); only exceeded by commercial real estate and infrastructure.
- Strong jobs growth is also fuelling the boom, with the most significant lift in medical facilities, hospitals, social assistance and residential care.
- An ageing population and rising middle class will also buoy demand for smart, connected medical technologies such as personalised implants, bionics and 24/7 monitoring devices.
So why do doctors need to find new ways to get more referrals?
Although health has made the greatest contribution to job growth in the past 15 years, and an ageing population will increase demand for medical specialists, the Federal Government is predicting an oversupply of 7000 specialists and GPs by 2030, whilst nurses will be in significant undersupply.
While regional area doctors still have some doctor shortages, in high density areas, a large number of specialists in many specialties will increasingly be in over supply.
That’s why it’s important to engage your local community, your local GPs, local patients and other stakeholders – now!
Let's Work TogetherWhether it’s a GP video to drive referrals, a media story, or a polished digital newsletter, DigiMed Australia will make your practice stand out in the medical landscape.
Suite 6/71 Wilson St,
Newtown NSW 2042
Suite 109/434 St Kilda Road.
Melbourne, VICTORIA, 3004
M: 0403 824 833